Monday, May 20, 2013

A Fucking Magical Night, my friends.

Between the new Game of Thrones episode (Aww, I feel so bad for Sansa and Tyrion! She should smile though-- Peter Dinklage is way hotter than Jack Gleeson. She missed a fucking bullet train with that psychopath. Anyhoo, the bit where Tyrion is describing the shrine he'll build himself [being the God of Tits and Wine and all] at the next brothel he visits... priceless. I'd love to party with that Lannister.) and getting THE BOSS ARC, ohmygoodygoodness, last night was pure lip-nibbling entertainment.


Being that Chapter 16 has been published online, I scrolled straight to Chapter 17 and devoured the rest of the novel in a couple hours. If you have not had the pleasure of eyehumping Neil Elwood, you have no idea what you are missing. If I could sum up THE BOSS by Abigail Barnett in three words, it'd be something like this:

Pure. Fucking. 
Awesome Sauce.

In a great many ways, I can relate to Sophie. But there were times I felt frustrated that she'd risk her relationship with a guy who adores the hell out of her, when she feels the same (but with more anxiety). Sophie is a well-rounded character; snarky, intelligent, independent and quirky. Neil is pretty spiffy, himself. Take away the money, and he's still a likable and approachable male lead. And hot as all hell, oh yeah [ignore my swoon, please]. Here is a kinky old man I wouldn't mind visiting for a length (wink wink) of time.

There were plenty of heart-melting and panty-pooling moments as Sophie and Neil push each other to new heights of sensual exploration. Awkward moments abounded, too; Neil's adult daughter overhearing one of their bouts d'amour and making for a very uncomfortable breakfast. Emma could have easily been a one-dimensional character; someone who hated who her father dated, being a Daddy's Girl and all. But no. She adapts and evolves into someone I can grudgingly respect; even through her introduction will not be long forgotten.

Between navigating that borderland of Fuck Buddy and Something More, and trying to keep head above water when it comes to a cut-throat business ethics and balancing a very tawdry sex life with one's incredibly nummy boss, Sophie has her hands full.

When all is said and done, I will continue to recommend THE BOSS to people who love naughty reads, despite me making this face when I tried scrolling down to read the next chapter and realizing there is no next chapter. 






No comments:

Post a Comment